Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion, orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2011
Wonderful with ham, turkey or tortilla chips
Dec 23, 2010
I could eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It is just the right blend of sweet and hot. Delicious!