Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- 2 envelopes reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Nov 24, 2015
Decent, but not my favorite. Needs a little more flavor, somehow. A little tweaking and it could be really good. It was very tender.
Oct 27, 2011
Can't say it's a favorite, but everyone enjoyed it. Might try it with spanish rice on them next time. =)
Dec 30, 2010
It was ok...just wasn't the recipe for me and my family.
Apr 1, 2010
These were so easy and delicious! I used venison instead of flank steak. After it was done cooking in the crock I shredded it and added some taco flavored rice (I pre-cooked it by Lipton) then graded some pepper-jack cheese in them before rolling them up. My husband takes them to work and warms them up for lunch. Thanks for the great recipe!
Feb 6, 2010
To finish up the leftover meat, I like to spread refried beans on a tortilla, top with the meat mixture, a little mexicorn and some cheese. Then, top all of that with another tortilla and lightly brown in olive oil on both sides for quesadillas. It's another delicious way to enjoy these!
Oct 20, 2009
easy and yummy!
Sep 29, 2009
Next time try a chuck roast in your crock pot with a small can of enchilada sauce and s 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cummin powder and 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic. When cooked, shred meat for tacos or burritos.
Apr 13, 2008
I didn't have flank steak on hand but I did have sirloin steak so I used that. It was really good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.