Flank Steak Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces beef flank steak
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup cold cooked rice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with the rice, avocado, beans, sour cream, salsa, onion and cilantro. Roll up; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 437 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 12, 2011
I made this with the ground round which is much leaner and it was delicious. I really thought that it made a lot too. A very easy dish to make and freeze for later.
Jun 30, 2011
Really yummy and easy to increase! My husband ate 4! Our grocery store did not have flank steak so we used top sirloin, and we grilled the steak. I also mixed the rice, onion, cilantro, and salsa together and then built the burritos. I added a lot more salsa and cilantro to meet out tastes.