Feta Salmon Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over salmon.
- Place salmon on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with cucumber, tomato and cheese; divide among four plates. Top with salmon; drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 416 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2014
Great salad, especially washed down with a Sauvignon Blanc. I actually used grated spinach leaves instead of parsley and it worked! Despite being from the UK, I have also visited a pub in Mount Pleasant SC, is it Sticky Fingers your son orders the salmon sandwich in??
Apr 11, 2014
DELCIOUS! as my husband put it - restaurant quality!
Sep 22, 2013
Looks delicious. I'm gonna have this for tonight dinner!
Jul 24, 2013
Used a bit of chopped minced garlic and grated fresh ginger! The rest were here already! More salmon coming home today, and serving 'encore' dinner tonite with arugula salad! Lemon slices? Lime slices? Yum...a combo of both works for me!!
Aug 8, 2012
Added carrots, red onion and greek olives. Also made basil vinaigrette (TOH) - delicious!
Oct 24, 2010
Have made this a few times now, usually as a supper meal with pasta and a warm veg. Really enjoy the combination of feta and salmon.
May 8, 2010
Wonderful! Next time we're going to try it in a wrap.
May 8, 2010
I grill salmonthis way using lemon pepper, salt, a tiny bit of onion power and fresh minced garlic. We like it cooked rare so it melts in your mouth! I'll try the ginger next time as well. We usually habe boiled or mashed potatoes and salad...I put spring onions & capsicum in the salad as well.
May 7, 2010
My family loves salmon dishes, but will not make this when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is awesome though, and one we'll make many more times, just not when he's here.
Nov 27, 2009
This is a wonderful concept. I added some capsicum (red/orange pepper) to the salad and made the spice mix up with what I had on hand. My father, who's birthday lunch this was prepared for, said it was better than a restaurant!