Moroccan Spice Blend
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mace
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads or 1/2 teaspoon additional ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 teaspoon: 3 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 23, 2011
This spice blend is awesome.I mixed it up and used it in the moroccan chicken recipe I found at this web site, it was deliceous. I liked it so well, I mixed a batch and gave it to my sister. I sprinkled a little on eggs this morning, loved it. I did add teaspoon of curry.