Spiced Nut Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 10 cups
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 134 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2017
I've given this as gifts for the holidays for many years. I use golden raisin in this recipe instead of black ones. Sometimes I make it without the raisins with the same tasty results!!
Dec 14, 2013
I double the recipe . It is such a great gift for teachers, coaches, etc at Christmas time. I usually add other nuts too like brazil nuts, pecans and cashews
Dec 29, 2010
I have made this recipe twice this Christmas season and gave the nuts to friends in a pretty jar with a ribbon attached. I also added pecan halves and dried cranberries. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Oct 12, 2008
This is the recipe I was looking for. thank you sooo much!!!!!