Oatmeal Spice Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water
- Brown sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare oatmeal: In a bowl, combine oats and 2 tablespoons oatmeal spice mix. Add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 290 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 8, 2012
I took all the dry items and mixed, then put into snack sized bags. Put in a cup of coffee add water til cup is 3/4 full of water and mix. Heat 2 mins in micro wave let sit 1 min. mix and mine is usually thin, so I just drink it. lol I do this at work. I can then rinse my coffee cup out and have coffee. However, I have already had a hearty breakfast.
Oct 11, 2010
I've been using this recipe every morning for 3 1/2 years now. It's EXCELLENT! Not too sweet, but gives the ho-hum oatmeal just the right kick to start the day off with! I even pack it in snack-sized baggies to take along when I'm going to be away from home. Thanks SO much for sharing!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.