Spicy Mixed Nuts
Cumin and chili powder give extra oomph to the classic homemade nut mix. It's a smart solution for holiday snacking and gift giving. —Delores Hill, Helena, Montana
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add nuts and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Place nuts in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over nuts, tossing to coat. Cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 225 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Mixed Nuts in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.