Spicy Mixed Nuts
Cumin and chili powder give extra oomph to the classic homemade nut mix. It's a smart solution for holiday snacking and gift giving. —Delores Hill, Helena, Montana
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add nuts and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Place nuts in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over nuts, tossing to coat. Cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 225 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Mixed Nuts in Country Woman Christmas 2001