We like to adventure out into the Selkirk mountain range surrounding our family cabin. These nuts never tasted better than when we enjoyed them together at the peak of an amazing hike. Almonds are extremely nutritious, and, when dressed up with a wonderful blend of spices, they go from ordinary to awesome! —Gina Myers, Spokane, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another small bowl, combine almonds and oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 230 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Super-Spiced Almonds in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.