Liven up plain peanuts with a sweet-and-spicy blend of flavors from sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. You'll want to double...or triple...the recipe!—Holly Kunkle, Walton, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peanuts in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Combine sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 335 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.