Liven up plain peanuts with a sweet-and-spicy blend of flavors from sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. You'll want to double...or triple...the recipe!—Holly Kunkle, Walton, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peanuts in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Combine sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 335 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010