Spiced Party Peanuts
Also a great gift, these seasoned nuts have just the right blend of spices, sugar and heat to kick up a party. —Cynthia DeVol, Pataskala, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir in peanuts. Combine sugar and spices; add to peanut mixture, stirring gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 220 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat.
Originally published as Spiced Nuts in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.