Peanut Turkey Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook turkey and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir the rice, bean sprouts and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; stir into skillet. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 408 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1067mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 15, 2014
I love this recipe. I just add any veggie I have on hand and it always turns out great. I used leftover black rice too.
Feb 24, 2013
This was a great recipe that was really quick to put together. I used liquid aminos, which is a soy sauce substitute found in the organic aisle. It has way less sodium but I would put slightly less than the recipe called for because mine was a little salty...it has a stronger flavor. ;) Also, I used chicken breasts that I cut up into cubes and floured. Equally as good !
Oct 2, 2011
Very tasty. I will make this again.
Jun 14, 2011
I was disappointed with this. It was so much work for a mediocre dish. If I did make it again (my daughter did like it) I would use LESS peanut butter as the flavor of that was overwhelming : (
Jun 9, 2011
I love this recipe! I always just throw whatever veggies I have in their instead of sprouts. What makes this absolutely delicious is the sauce mixture. So good, and so easy to make!
Mar 21, 2011
i thought this turned out great! only substitutions i made were- frozen peas thawed for the bean sprouts and i didnt have fresh but i did use dried cilantro.
Oct 22, 2010
I had a rough weekend where I expirmented with new recipes and they were awful, so I was hesitant to try this one. Especially with 1/4 cup of cilantro. I am glad I did. Our grocery store only had sick looking sprouts so I opted to substitue a cup of frozen carrot/peas thawed. This recipe was delicious even reheated.
May 27, 2010
Awesome, my family loves it! Made it with pork instead of turkey...
Apr 27, 2010
Delicious! Good flavor, and quick to make if you prepare some extra rice with a previous night's dinner
Apr 22, 2010
wonderful!!!I lightened it up by using lite soy sauce, brown rice, reduced fat peanut butter, and egg beaters. Delicious!