Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- EGG SALAD FILLING:
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chutney, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- HAM SALAD FILLING:
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) deviled ham
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool completely.
- In separate bowls, combine the ingredients for egg salad filling and ham salad filling. Split puffs and remove soft dough from inside. Just before serving, spoon fillings into cream puffs; replace tops. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 29 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2015
These are fun to make. Everyone likes them but I have had to tweak the seasoning a bit to bring more flavor our in the "egg salad" portion. I've gone a curry flavor route as well as a ranch dressing mix too.
Apr 27, 2013
If the puff pastry is baked properly, there shouldn't be any soft dough in the center.
Oct 15, 2010
I have made this several times an it is always a hit. People especailly like the egg salad. I have never gotten 7 1/2 dozen out of the recipe though, most often 3 to 4 dozen.
Dec 7, 2009
These are top notch!!!