Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- EGG SALAD FILLING:
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chutney, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- HAM SALAD FILLING:
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) deviled ham
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool completely.
- In separate bowls, combine the ingredients for egg salad filling and ham salad filling. Split puffs and remove soft dough from inside. Just before serving, spoon fillings into cream puffs; replace tops. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 29 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2015
These are fun to make. Everyone likes them but I have had to tweak the seasoning a bit to bring more flavor our in the "egg salad" portion. I've gone a curry flavor route as well as a ranch dressing mix too.
Apr 27, 2013
If the puff pastry is baked properly, there shouldn't be any soft dough in the center.
Oct 15, 2010
I have made this several times an it is always a hit. People especailly like the egg salad. I have never gotten 7 1/2 dozen out of the recipe though, most often 3 to 4 dozen.
Dec 7, 2009
These are top notch!!!