Chili Spiced Pecans
A simple spice blend puts the spotlight on crunchy pecans. Make sure you have plenty on hand because they disappear fast!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups pecan halves
- In a large skillet, combine the first nine ingredients; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 292 calories, 31g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pecans in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.