Pecan Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. (Crust will be crumbly.)
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 29, 2014
The crust was too thick, and the recipe bland. I left out the dill. It would have been much better with some added bacon or sausage for flavor, as well as twice the sharp cheddar cheese. I refried the leftovers, minus the crust, and added bacon and cheese, to make it less watery.
Nov 1, 2013
This is my family's favorite casserole. Even the leftovers are awesome. I double the crust mix and omit the dill seed and hot pepper sauce
Mar 24, 2013
My husband LOVES this casserole! He always asks me to make it.
Sep 2, 2012
didn't like how oily this was.
Feb 19, 2012
Have made this recipe several times for family, friends, church functions. Always a winner.
Aug 21, 2010
This was a nice, different way to serve chicken. I also think it could have used a bit more crust. I will also add additional seasonings to increase the flavor, but over all, we liked it and I will make this again.
May 4, 2010
Made a 1/2 recipe, but I think I would increase the crust; it didn't cover the bottom of an 8x8 pan. This was good over rice and served with a salad, strawberries, and chocolate chip cookies.
May 17, 2009
I replace the dill with celery salt. Seriously awesome! Rave reviews from all who partake! :)
Feb 23, 2009
I like to use at least 50% more nuts and cheese for the crust; this makes it taste really great!