Texas Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 466 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 25, 2015
Always turns out perfect. It's the best pecan pie I've ever tasted!
Nov 26, 2011
Best Pecan Pie I ever made. I did use a store bought pastry crust to save time. The filling set up perfectly and the light syrup added just the right sweetness.
Mar 22, 2010
I had to make it into 2 small pies. I believe it is for a deep dish if you don't make your own.
Nov 11, 2009
This is a very good and fairly simple recipe. I would use a frozen pie crust if I was in a pinch for time. Other wise very good recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.