Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon if desired, vanilla and salt. Stir in nuts.
- Brush pastry shell with egg white. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour filling over chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop on pie just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 684 calories, 44g fat (19g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 26, 2014
Delicious! The bourbon flavor becomes a little stronger after a day in the refrigerator.
Dec 9, 2012
Easy and delicious!
Nov 19, 2011
My wife made this it is deliceous we are makeing it for a Thanksgiving party
Oct 20, 2011
Made this several times and never lasts long! This is delicious!
Mar 21, 2009
This pie is very good, but it MUST be made in a deep dish pie shell. I made it in a regular pie shell and it just couldn't hold all of the filling.