Turkey Pecan Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, cumin, pepper and salt until smooth. Stir in the onion, turkey and pecans.
- Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 9, 2017
I also like to do these with fat free / skinless chicken thighs as the flavor is richer for me. ( No sense of smell 97% of the time, lol.) I spray the tortillas with canola oil (PAM) and heat them to about 125 Deg to make them very easy to roll. You can just heat oil in a shallow pan and dip them before heating. Shred the chick by slivering to 1/4" and about 1-1/2"~2" L.I love a good red Enchilada sauce on top and at the bottom with Jack or sharp Cheddar grated /shredded on top.I have used steamed to full done turkey legs and pulled out all the slivers and leg bones.
Nov 14, 2012
I look forward to making this after Thanksgiving. Great flavor
Mar 1, 2010
This is a very tasty dish. I've made it several times, and each time it's a winner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.