Turkey Enchiladas Verdes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 32 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- In a large skillet, fry tortillas in batches, using 1/3 cup oil, for 5 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the turkey, tomatoes, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cumin, oregano and basil; heat through.
- Combine enchilada sauce and soup. Spread 1/2 cup mixture into each of two 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and additional jalapenos if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 350 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
My family absolutly loved this. When they made it at the live show the smells were aluring. I was hesitant to make it because im not a big turkey/ chicken person with certain dishes. This changed it. Instead of frying i cooked the tortillas in the microwave like the package said.
Nov 26, 2017
Excellent,. Great way to use left over Thanksgiving turkey. The recipe was easy and fast to put together. The only change I made was fresh tomatoes and sorranoe peppers from the garden, instead of canned Mexican diced tomatoes.
Nov 30, 2015
What a great and tasty dish for your turkey leftovers. This tastes fresh and will tickle the taste buds. I will definitely make these again.
Nov 29, 2011
Never done enchiladas before...but they were a great success...a great way to recycle thanksgiving...
Oct 18, 2011
I really liked this recipe. I didn't have enough room in the pans for all of the enchiladas so we ate some taco-style and it was terrific. I would definitely recommend this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.