Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
A sweet-tart cranberry salsa is the ideal accompaniment to leftover turkey in this breezy quesadilla. With a hint of lemon and pear, the salsa is also good with chicken or pork. —Jodi Kristensen, Macomb, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat white or yellow cheddar cheese
- For salsa, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pear, onion, jalapeno, celery, lemon zest and juice, and cumin.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup turkey; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold tortilla to close. Cook on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla with 1/3 cup salsa: 321 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Nov 21, 2018
These are bursting with all of the delicious flavors of fall! Super easy and a new family favorite!
Nov 26, 2009
This recipe is excellent and I'd gladly make it again. My family loves it.