Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat white or yellow cheddar cheese
- For salsa, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pear, onion, jalapeno, celery, lemon zest and juice, and cumin.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup turkey; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold tortilla to close. Cook on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla with 1/3 cup salsa: 321 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2018
These are bursting with all of the delicious flavors of fall! Super easy and a new family favorite!
Nov 26, 2009
This recipe is excellent and I'd gladly make it again. My family loves it.