Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 477 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2019
Oct 30, 2018
Quick, easy and delicious. I used the leftover chicken in the Herbed Potato Soup recipe and it was amazing!
Jun 9, 2018
This recipe is amazing just as it is! Blew my husband away. And he is not quick to say something is amazingly delicious unless he really thinks so. Perfect flavor and the baked aspect is what really puts this over the edge into the delicious category. Making it again tonight. Will be using this recipe for years to come. Thank you!
May 8, 2018
Delicious And easy to make. kids loved them and adults loved them!
Mar 13, 2018
This recipe was quick and easy! I made it as stated and melted a little more cheese on top along with sour cream, salsa and avocado. My husband loved them and said the recipe was a keeper!!
Mar 8, 2018
Nov 14, 2017
Nice simple quesadilla recipe, easy to play with if you want to change it up.
Apr 10, 2017
I used the Mexican 4 cheese shredded cheese blend instead. I also needed to add a little more salsa, 1 ounce water, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, because the mixture was so dry.5 stars for this one. They came out beautiful, and very tasty.This will be a regular for me. I think I'll make up a big pan of the chicken mixture, and freeze portions.Then this will be a super quick and easy meal.
Jan 16, 2017
made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make
Jan 6, 2017
This was pretty tasty! My husband and 4 year old gobbled it up without a fuss. I didn't add extra salsa, it wasn't necessary because I didn't want soggy quesadillas but I did add some cumin. Instead of making six halfed quesadillas I did three whole ones and just cut them in slices afterwards, much easier and less mess! Next time I might experiment with green salsa.