Chicken Verde Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (about 7-1/2 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, corn, zucchini and poblano pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Brush remaining oil over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on two baking sheets, oiled side down. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese and top with 1 cup chicken mixture, remaining cheese and remaining tortillas, oiled side up. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 7-9 minutes. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla (calculated without pico de gallo and sour cream): 1083 calories, 55g fat (27g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 2449mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 8g fiber), 56g protein.
Sep 16, 2017
What a great and different idea. We loved the recipe. I diced up a yellow squash too. We had black beans instead of chicken too. Shows how versatile this recipe is and I LOVE versatile recipes.
Jun 8, 2017
This is a keeper for our family. A great new spin on quesadillas and healthy, too! Love the idea of baking them in the oven. Saves so much time. I used shredded rotisserie chicken. Yum!
May 27, 2017
Left out the zucchini and the cilantro and used home made sauce. Good taste but the bottom shell was a little soggy, the top nice and crispy. Will try frying next time
May 9, 2017
Great flavor! This will be a regular!
May 6, 2017
These were full of flavor and I loved how they were packed with vegetables!
Apr 10, 2017
This is a delicious and different recipe! I poached my own chicken because I had it to use. I didn't use all of the veggies in the quesadillas; there were a lot. The veggies I used in the quesadillas provided a nice “crunch” of flavor. The remaining veggies I mixed into the pico. Very tasty side with sour cream. Will definitely make these again.
Apr 1, 2017
What a great recipe. We had a lot of the filling left over so that is going to be the base for a soup that I will make soon. I did spice it up.
May 6, 2016
These were pretty good, and something different to make. But after eating them, I'm not sure if I am a huge fan of the green sauce. I liked that they had zucchini and corn in them. I do not like cilantro, so I omitted that. I think I would make them again but using the traditional sauce.
Jun 17, 2015
This was delicious! The only thing I changed was a used leftover rotiserre chicken so it wouldn't go to waste. The only thing I would change is to spice it up a little if you like spicy foods. Next time I will use some cayenne pepper and maybe a little jalapeno.
Feb 11, 2015
I left out the chicken and added black beans instead. Yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.