Chicken Verde Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (about 7-1/2 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, corn, zucchini and poblano pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Brush remaining oil over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on two baking sheets, oiled side down. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese and top with 1 cup chicken mixture, remaining cheese and remaining tortillas, oiled side up. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 7-9 minutes. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla (calculated without pico de gallo and sour cream): 1083 calories, 55g fat (27g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 2449mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 8g fiber), 56g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 16, 2017
What a great and different idea. We loved the recipe. I diced up a yellow squash too. We had black beans instead of chicken too. Shows how versatile this recipe is and I LOVE versatile recipes.
Jun 8, 2017
This is a keeper for our family. A great new spin on quesadillas and healthy, too! Love the idea of baking them in the oven. Saves so much time. I used shredded rotisserie chicken. Yum!
May 27, 2017
Left out the zucchini and the cilantro and used home made sauce. Good taste but the bottom shell was a little soggy, the top nice and crispy. Will try frying next time
May 9, 2017
Great flavor! This will be a regular!
May 6, 2017
These were full of flavor and I loved how they were packed with vegetables!
Apr 10, 2017
This is a delicious and different recipe! I poached my own chicken because I had it to use. I didn't use all of the veggies in the quesadillas; there were a lot. The veggies I used in the quesadillas provided a nice “crunch” of flavor. The remaining veggies I mixed into the pico. Very tasty side with sour cream. Will definitely make these again.
Apr 1, 2017
What a great recipe. We had a lot of the filling left over so that is going to be the base for a soup that I will make soon. I did spice it up.
May 6, 2016
These were pretty good, and something different to make. But after eating them, I'm not sure if I am a huge fan of the green sauce. I liked that they had zucchini and corn in them. I do not like cilantro, so I omitted that. I think I would make them again but using the traditional sauce.
Jun 17, 2015
This was delicious! The only thing I changed was a used leftover rotiserre chicken so it wouldn't go to waste. The only thing I would change is to spice it up a little if you like spicy foods. Next time I will use some cayenne pepper and maybe a little jalapeno.
Feb 11, 2015
I left out the chicken and added black beans instead. Yummy!