Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss to combine.
- Divide four tortillas between two baking sheets; spread with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining tortillas.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
Nutrition Facts4 wedges (calculated without sour cream and additional salsa): 446 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2018
very good. Added much more cheese.
Nov 29, 2018
This recipe was great! The bbq sauce gives it a nice flavor and is different then the typical quesadilla. The recipe uses easy to find ingredients and is easy to make. Instead of making them in the oven, we made them on an electric skillet. I would make these again.
Jan 21, 2018
These are great! Left out green chiles, only because my salsa was super chunky. Used leftovers in taco boats the next day. Delish either way!
Nov 2, 2017
Loved these! Easy to make and tasted great! Perfect weeknight meal.
Oct 8, 2017
I made these as part of appetizer night. So easy to assemble and had a great flavor.
Jan 31, 2017
This was great!!! Super kid friendly, whole family lived them!
May 26, 2016
My family couldn't get enough of these! I used salsa in place of the taco sauce.
May 15, 2016
My husband, son, and I all raved about these quick and tasty quesadillas. I used leftover turkey but otherwise followed the recipe and we really enjoyed them with guacamole. My daughter thought they were too spicy but she still ate a wedge before she said that. Definitely would make these again!
Apr 4, 2016
I love Quesadillas and this recipe is delicious! My family doesn't do "hot and spicy" so I cut the amount of green chilies to suit our taste!