Barbecue Chicken Tostadas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baked beans
- 2-2/3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Mix first four ingredients; toss with coleslaw mix and green onions. Refrigerate until serving.
- Place beans in a small saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In another saucepan, mix chicken and barbecue sauce; cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, place tostada shells on ungreased baking sheets. Spread with beans; top with chicken mixture and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until tostada shells are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with slaw. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 tostadas: 612 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2017
I really liked this simple change-of-pace. My kids weren't big fans (should have left the slaw off of theirs) and my husband said it was good, but not as good as other recipes I make. It was a nice balance of flavors and textures (probably why my kids didn't like it)!