Chipotle sauce gives this meaty tostada recipe just the right amount of heat to fire up a fiesta at the dinner table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons chipotle sauce
- 6 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili sauce, taco seasoning, salt and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle sauce. Layer each tostada with lettuce, meat mixture, guacamole, cheese and chipotle cream.
Nutrition Facts1 tostada: 460 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Beef Tostada in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.