Chicken Tostada Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Arrange lettuce mixture over tostada shells. Top with chicken and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 tostada: 322 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1364mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 5, 2017
I'm a little confused by the previous ratings. Some of the comments include complaints about ingredients that aren't even in the recipe. As for the ranch dressing, once you combine it with the taco sauce ( I used mild) it was good. My whole family enjoyed it and I thought it was a great weeknight meal since I didn't have to cook anything except the shells.
Jan 16, 2010
Ranch dressing? I don't think so! I thinned down the dour cream with two tablespoons of buttermilk and seasoned it with half a teaspoon cumin. Eliminated the hot sause and used a quarter cup of chunky salsa. I uesed them as a topping after the chicken then sprinkled with cheese. Otherwise, it's a really good recipe!
Jan 15, 2010
The ranch dressing did not interest me much. I made my own dressing combining lite sour cream and salsa to top this recipe.
Jan 14, 2010
Oh please -- NEVER put ranch dressing on anything mexican. This was awful.
Jan 14, 2010
Not exactly sure what to say about this one. The kids love it, I don't. I'll be making it for them many more times but I'll make myself something else.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.