Chicken Fiesta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, salsa and ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- On two plates, arrange the salad greens, black beans, onion and tomato. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 402 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 48g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2014
Chicken had a really good flavor. I added some diced avocado to the salad.
Nov 14, 2009
My family absolutely loves salads and this one is one they will eat time after time. This recipe is definitely a keeper.