Chicken Salad Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, celery, mayonnaise, mushrooms and onion. Stir in cracker crumbs. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with potato chips and almonds. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 578 calories, 43g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1044mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 21, 2018
This is my favorite chicken casserole. Total comfort food. Little hint: use sour cream and onion chips and remember: if you have children, let them have some. Eating it all by yourself is gluttonous and mean.
Oct 28, 2016
This is definitely a comfort food favorite! It's very warm and creamy, which works well with the crispy potato chip topping.
Sep 1, 2015
This recipe was just okay for us. We prefer another ToH recipe better - Chicken Rice Casserole, which is similar.
Jun 3, 2014
Delicious! I loved this casserole!!