Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- To serve, spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture; add toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 tostadas: 392 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 10g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2015
I have fixed this several times and hubby an I really like it. It's fast and easy to fix. It's great for a busy night. Pair this with a salad and you are good to go.
Oct 17, 2011
This recipe was very good and easy to throw together. Used ground turkey, added taco seasoning to meat mixture and spicy refried beans to spice it up!
Sep 29, 2011
This was very easy and delicious!