Black Bean Enchiladas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each ) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in broth for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Mash one can of black beans. Add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of picante sauce and remaining beans; heat through.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer. To serve, place 1/2 cup lettuce on each place and top with two enchiladas. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 449 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 7, 2014
I recommend this to anyone who is trying to eat healthier! It was filling and great the next day at lunch. I added some red peppers to the pan as well because we like them so much.
Jan 7, 2012
Its really hard to find recipes that my kids enjoy especially healthy ones. Its easy to make and I often make enough for two nights.
Oct 28, 2011
Nov 19, 2010
very tasty. didn't even miss the meat. we thought they needed more sauce on top, though, so served with salsa in addition to sour cream. next time will use more picante sauce before baking.
Jul 10, 2009
This is my favorite recipe. I make it ever time I do my OAMC. YUMMY!
Apr 18, 2009
Love this recipe - these are DIVINE!
Jan 18, 2008
also add enchilada sauce
Jan 18, 2008
try one can black beans, add corn, red pepper, can of green chili, parsley, chopped tomatoes, and veggie cheese