White Bean & Chicken Enchilada Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large stockpot, combine first eight ingredients. Add 1 chopped jalapeno and ground pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken is no longer pink and soup is heated through, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with remaining chopped jalapeno; top with green onions, sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips. If desired, add cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 301 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 12g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2017
For this recipe I substituted my leftover thanksgiving turkey that i had in the freezer instead of the chicken. it was very filling & flavorful. Definitely a recipe to keep on our dinner menu rotation.
Feb 11, 2017
Great soup recipe. I didn't have jalapeno peppers, so I just added a can of green chilis that I chopped up to the soup. I also used homemade chicken stock that I had made. We used our homegrown frozen corn, too. It was a warm bowl of comfort on a winter day.
Jan 19, 2017
This was very easy and delicious. I didn't have the fresh ingredients on hand so I used garlic powder, and canned jalapeno slices. Delicious.
Sep 10, 2016
This dish was tasty. We enjoyed it very much. I served it with cornbread instead of tortilla chips. Nice and filling. The sliced jalapenos and green onions on top really gave it some heat/flavor.
Sep 9, 2016
Made this for quick dinner tonight. I cut the recipe in half, just for me and the hubby. While easy to prepare, we found this dish to be bland. I have leftovers, and will see if the spices mesh together more overnight. Maybe some cayenne, fresh cilantro...not sure. It was missing a few things.