White Bean & Chicken Enchilada Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large stockpot, combine first eight ingredients. Add 1 chopped jalapeno and ground pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken is no longer pink and soup is heated through, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with remaining chopped jalapeno; top with green onions, sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips. If desired, add cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 301 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 12g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 4, 2017
For this recipe I substituted my leftover thanksgiving turkey that i had in the freezer instead of the chicken. it was very filling & flavorful. Definitely a recipe to keep on our dinner menu rotation.
Feb 11, 2017
Great soup recipe. I didn't have jalapeno peppers, so I just added a can of green chilis that I chopped up to the soup. I also used homemade chicken stock that I had made. We used our homegrown frozen corn, too. It was a warm bowl of comfort on a winter day.
Jan 19, 2017
This was very easy and delicious. I didn't have the fresh ingredients on hand so I used garlic powder, and canned jalapeno slices. Delicious.
Sep 10, 2016
This dish was tasty. We enjoyed it very much. I served it with cornbread instead of tortilla chips. Nice and filling. The sliced jalapenos and green onions on top really gave it some heat/flavor.
Sep 9, 2016
Made this for quick dinner tonight. I cut the recipe in half, just for me and the hubby. While easy to prepare, we found this dish to be bland. I have leftovers, and will see if the spices mesh together more overnight. Maybe some cayenne, fresh cilantro...not sure. It was missing a few things.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.