Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, corn, chilies, taco seasoning and cilantro; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 15, 2016
Excellent! Flavorful & healthy. Followed the recipe to the letter. Next time, though, I will use a little more enchilada sauce.
Sep 12, 2016
This recipe is so good and a healthier version of most! The wheat tortillas give it a fresh different taste. Who says you can't have enchiladas and still watch your diet?
Nov 5, 2014
I added salsa and fresh cilantro to the filling, and additional enchilada sauce over the top. Yummy!
Jul 18, 2014
Delicious! After baking I topped the enchiladas with sour cream, fresh cilantro (also fresh cilantro inside the enchiladas) and avocado.
Mar 31, 2014
This recipe was good. I added sweet potatoes, fresh cilantro and used salsa instead of the enchilada sauce. We used more cheese and sauce than the recipe called for. I think this is a good basic recipe that we will use many variations on. We served this recipe with sour cream.
Sep 1, 2013
I used more enchilada sauce, and more cheese and covered while baking. But, a total hit, and I'll keep this one!
Aug 7, 2013
I didn't love this recipe. We found it to be a bit dry and lacking in flavor.
Jun 7, 2013
Good recipe. The next time I make this dish I will use fresh cilantro, add some cubes chicken and cover the enchiladas before baking. Garnish with shredded lettuce. This is a really good basic recipe for those watching their weight.
Feb 23, 2013
The whole family enjoyed this! Will try suggested variations to change things up. It's a keeper.
Sep 8, 2012
I love how easy and healthy it is for you. My whole family enjoyed it. I too took out the mushrooms and replaced it with a red pepper.