Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, corn, chilies, taco seasoning and cilantro; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 15, 2016
Excellent! Flavorful & healthy. Followed the recipe to the letter. Next time, though, I will use a little more enchilada sauce.
Sep 12, 2016
This recipe is so good and a healthier version of most! The wheat tortillas give it a fresh different taste. Who says you can't have enchiladas and still watch your diet?
Nov 5, 2014
I added salsa and fresh cilantro to the filling, and additional enchilada sauce over the top. Yummy!
Jul 18, 2014
Delicious! After baking I topped the enchiladas with sour cream, fresh cilantro (also fresh cilantro inside the enchiladas) and avocado.
Mar 31, 2014
This recipe was good. I added sweet potatoes, fresh cilantro and used salsa instead of the enchilada sauce. We used more cheese and sauce than the recipe called for. I think this is a good basic recipe that we will use many variations on. We served this recipe with sour cream.
Sep 1, 2013
I used more enchilada sauce, and more cheese and covered while baking. But, a total hit, and I'll keep this one!
Aug 7, 2013
I didn't love this recipe. We found it to be a bit dry and lacking in flavor.
Jun 7, 2013
Good recipe. The next time I make this dish I will use fresh cilantro, add some cubes chicken and cover the enchiladas before baking. Garnish with shredded lettuce. This is a really good basic recipe for those watching their weight.
Feb 23, 2013
The whole family enjoyed this! Will try suggested variations to change things up. It's a keeper.
Sep 8, 2012
I love how easy and healthy it is for you. My whole family enjoyed it. I too took out the mushrooms and replaced it with a red pepper.