Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining beans, half of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Place 2/3 cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in two 11x7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 14, 2016
Very easy to make but next time I may use more cheese and taco seasoning.
May 15, 2013
You must try! It was very easy and Omg good!!I made my own chips and added salad. 5*
May 5, 2013
Delicious! Love the flavors. My family devours it.
Feb 1, 2012
This is a keeper! This made 8 enchiladas. My 2 yr old even liked the filling. I used wheat tortillas, & added chili powder & seasonings for a little spice.
Jul 25, 2011
Used green enchilada sauce and substituted an Anaheim pepper for the green pepper.
Jul 18, 2011
Super good recipe, just needed a little more taste, so i mixed red and green enchilada sauce and it was perfect! Makes awesome leftovers.
Jun 11, 2011
This was pretty good. When I was eating it, I forgot I was eating turkey (instead of ground beef) and forgot that it was wheat tortillas instead of white. Overall, it was quite good for a "healthy" dish.
Feb 8, 2011
Very fast and hearty meal. Great to take to a potluck.
Feb 6, 2011
Our favorite healthy cooking recipe. I have substituted ground chicken for the turkey and it turned out just as good. Also, both times I've made it, I only got 7 enchiladas, not eight.
Aug 12, 2010
Good and easy!