Meatless Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 486 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 21, 2019
great but eliminated the tomatoes because of a sensitivity.
Jul 10, 2019
I have been making meatless Taco Salad for eons as I am a vegetarian. Love, love, love this recipe as one can use a variety of beans (kidney, chili, red beans). Same with the dressing: Russian, Catalina, etc.
Jul 6, 2019
This was delicious! The only thing I did differently was omit the chopped green pepper because I was in a hurry.
Sep 28, 2017
Love taco salad and meatless just makes it that much vbetter!
Dec 11, 2012
It is perfect for Meatless Monday! A real treat. I substuted a can of vegetarian chili for the beans.
Jul 11, 2011
This may not be the healthiest salad, but it is simply to die for. My whole family loved & my husband requested that I make it many more times this summer. I made homemade guac & tortilla chips, rather than use the corn chips. I also added grill chicken coated with homemade taco seasoning, which was delicious. This really does taste like a taco, almost like taco dip even. Next time I think I'll make it with black beans. I highly reconmend this salad, with or without meat. Its amazing.
Apr 30, 2009
I lessened the calories by using a average can of pinto beans warming them and adding 1 tbls of cummin, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp of mustard powder. Bring to a hot simmer and place on your serving platter to cool, then add rest of the ingredients on top of the beans. I added the chili powder to the beans and eliminated crushed corn chips, kidney beans and Italian salad dressing. - Joel