Meatless Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 449 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1178mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 18g protein.
Sep 28, 2017
Love taco salad and meatless just makes it that much vbetter!
Dec 11, 2012
It is perfect for Meatless Monday! A real treat. I substuted a can of vegetarian chili for the beans.
Jul 11, 2011
This may not be the healthiest salad, but it is simply to die for. My whole family loved & my husband requested that I make it many more times this summer. I made homemade guac & tortilla chips, rather than use the corn chips. I also added grill chicken coated with homemade taco seasoning, which was delicious. This really does taste like a taco, almost like taco dip even. Next time I think I'll make it with black beans. I highly reconmend this salad, with or without meat. Its amazing.
Apr 30, 2009
I lessened the calories by using a average can of pinto beans warming them and adding 1 tbls of cummin, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp of mustard powder. Bring to a hot simmer and place on your serving platter to cool, then add rest of the ingredients on top of the beans. I added the chili powder to the beans and eliminated crushed corn chips, kidney beans and Italian salad dressing. - Joel
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.