Meatless Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 486 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 16g protein.
Sep 9, 2019
This was easy and delicious. I used an orange pepper as we do not care for green. Added Red Canyon Spice Southwestern Chili Seasoning for more flavor, and used seasoned black beans and used black olives. Will definitely make this again. Hubby loved it!
Jul 21, 2019
great but eliminated the tomatoes because of a sensitivity.
Jul 10, 2019
I have been making meatless Taco Salad for eons as I am a vegetarian. Love, love, love this recipe as one can use a variety of beans (kidney, chili, red beans). Same with the dressing: Russian, Catalina, etc.
Jul 6, 2019
This was delicious! The only thing I did differently was omit the chopped green pepper because I was in a hurry.
Sep 28, 2017
Love taco salad and meatless just makes it that much vbetter!
Dec 11, 2012
It is perfect for Meatless Monday! A real treat. I substuted a can of vegetarian chili for the beans.
Jul 11, 2011
This may not be the healthiest salad, but it is simply to die for. My whole family loved & my husband requested that I make it many more times this summer. I made homemade guac & tortilla chips, rather than use the corn chips. I also added grill chicken coated with homemade taco seasoning, which was delicious. This really does taste like a taco, almost like taco dip even. Next time I think I'll make it with black beans. I highly reconmend this salad, with or without meat. Its amazing.
Apr 30, 2009
I lessened the calories by using a average can of pinto beans warming them and adding 1 tbls of cummin, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp of mustard powder. Bring to a hot simmer and place on your serving platter to cool, then add rest of the ingredients on top of the beans. I added the chili powder to the beans and eliminated crushed corn chips, kidney beans and Italian salad dressing. - Joel