Black Bean Chicken Burritos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes; drain and remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Add jalapeno pepper and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, seasonings and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Serve in tortillas, with optional toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 325 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2020
Oh my goodness! Like the other rater I have not tried a recipe before that didn’t have a lot of positive ratings. But with all these good ingredients, I took a risk on this one. It was so delicious and spiced exactly right, and it makes a nice meal to prepare ahead and warm up for guests. I made it exactly as shown except I also omitted the corn and switched out the jalapeño for half a poblano pepper to keep the heat down a little bit. Perfect! Thanks for the recipe.
Jul 2, 2019
i am hesitant to try new recipes without ant reviews yet but I am so glad I did with this one! I made it exactly as it is but without the corn. Its very flavorful and it made a lot! I will be freezing half of this for another time