Mom’s Sloppy Tacos
No matter how hectic the weeknight, there's always time to serve your family a healthy meal with recipes this easy and good! —Kami Jones, Avondale, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 264 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mom's Sloppy Tacos in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.