- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional: Shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, crumble beef. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your choice.
2 tacos: 264 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.