Mom’s Sloppy Tacos
No matter how hectic the weeknight, there's always time to serve your family a healthy meal with recipes this easy and delicious! —Kami Jones, Avondale, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your choice.