I enjoy cooking ethnic foods, especially those that call for lots of rice. Like my mom, I often prepare this dish for special Sunday-get-togethers. —Ena Quiggle, Goodhue, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup Johnsonville® sliced fully cooked smoked sausage (1/4-inch slices)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, ham, sausage, onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add olives and raisins if desired. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally; remove meat and vegetable mixture from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute rice in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic, turmeric and curry. Return meat and vegetables to pan; toss lightly. Add broth and mixed vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 258 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Mom's Paella in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.