Mom’s Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into the pan. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings. Stir in the rice, bean sprouts, peas, soy sauce and bacon. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into the pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 6, 2013
My family really enjoyed this and so did I, for the most part. I think I have to play with the veggies a bit to get the taste that I'm looking for. It did turn out really good and was easy. Fried rice is one of those recipes for me that I've always been scared to try, but this was very simple and the results were good.
Jun 19, 2012
I loved this recipe! Changed the veges a little but that was it. Kids also loved it. yum!
Sep 28, 2011
Jan 12, 2011
Used 1 small can of mushrooms, omitted sprouts and it still tasted great!
Dec 31, 2010
This fried rice didn't taste that great. The flavor wasn't very appealing...I made this and it definitely didn't need bacon. I don't plan to make it again. :(
Jul 7, 2010
Everyone loved this. I have never used bean sprouts in fried rice and this definitely made a difference for the better. How could anything be bad with bacon?
May 5, 2010
I've been on a bacon kick and this was just what I needed! It's even better reheated. I didn't change anything this time but next time I'll add a little more bacon and peas!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.