Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 1 taco (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-fat feta cheese): 130 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2017
FANTASTIC recipe! (I made my own Greek spice which had cinnamon) Definitely use the red onion, it added a nice fresh crunch. I had little left over but it made a nice wrap for lunch the following day. Please try this recipe, You will love it! I'm going to make it at least 1x a month!!!
Aug 25, 2016
My husband and I enjoyed this, it tasted very fresh (unlike the normal Mexican taco seasoning). Unfortunately I don't feel like I could taste any of the Greek seasoning. Next time I'll increase that. I used ground chicken, seemed to work fine. I also didn't put the spinach in with the mix, instead I put the spinach on top of the taco with the feta (gave it more of a crunch!). I too used soft flour tortillas and it was yummy. We will make this again with some modifications.
Apr 14, 2016
Excellent! I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes and flour tortillas as that's what I had on hand. Already looking forward to making them again!
Oct 26, 2015
These were DELICIOUS!! I may never do Mexican tacos again!!
Feb 1, 2013
Our whole family loved these...they will probably be our new standard taco recipe!
Apr 10, 2012
These weren't bad, but I probably won't make them again. It could have used more seasoning. I think I will stick to regular tacos.
Mar 28, 2012
Absolutely one of my favorite recipes. I highly recomment them. You will NOT be disappointed.
Oct 17, 2011
This is one of the best taco recipes ever! I used veggie crumbles the first time I made it and it was one of the best recipes I've ever tried.
Sep 21, 2011
ever since I tried this recipe it was a hit with my family.I since made it for my sister and brother in-law they also enjoyed it and request it often its just hard to find a nice side dish to go with it help please
Aug 7, 2011
Excellent recipe, but I did it in a flour tortilla.