Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 1 taco (prepared with lean ground beef and reduced-fat feta cheese): 130 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 21, 2017
FANTASTIC recipe! (I made my own Greek spice which had cinnamon) Definitely use the red onion, it added a nice fresh crunch. I had little left over but it made a nice wrap for lunch the following day. Please try this recipe, You will love it! I'm going to make it at least 1x a month!!!
Aug 25, 2016
My husband and I enjoyed this, it tasted very fresh (unlike the normal Mexican taco seasoning). Unfortunately I don't feel like I could taste any of the Greek seasoning. Next time I'll increase that. I used ground chicken, seemed to work fine. I also didn't put the spinach in with the mix, instead I put the spinach on top of the taco with the feta (gave it more of a crunch!). I too used soft flour tortillas and it was yummy. We will make this again with some modifications.
Apr 14, 2016
Excellent! I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes and flour tortillas as that's what I had on hand. Already looking forward to making them again!
Oct 26, 2015
These were DELICIOUS!! I may never do Mexican tacos again!!
Feb 1, 2013
Our whole family loved these...they will probably be our new standard taco recipe!
Apr 10, 2012
These weren't bad, but I probably won't make them again. It could have used more seasoning. I think I will stick to regular tacos.
Mar 28, 2012
Absolutely one of my favorite recipes. I highly recomment them. You will NOT be disappointed.
Oct 17, 2011
This is one of the best taco recipes ever! I used veggie crumbles the first time I made it and it was one of the best recipes I've ever tried.
Sep 21, 2011
ever since I tried this recipe it was a hit with my family.I since made it for my sister and brother in-law they also enjoyed it and request it often its just hard to find a nice side dish to go with it help please
Aug 7, 2011
Excellent recipe, but I did it in a flour tortilla.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.