Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 1, 2016
These are really good, and really cute too! The kids love them, but so did us adults. I served it with a side of Spanish rice for an easy, fun weeknight meal. I would double the meat mixture next time. Didn't seem like enough meat for all of the tostadas.
Mar 30, 2010
these turned out good after I made the beef in my homemade taco seasoning.