- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the potatoes, buttermilk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 each: 123 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.