Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled biscuits in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, heat in a preheated 350° oven 15-20 minutes.
1 biscuit: 145 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.