Chocolate Toffee Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled biscuits in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, heat in a preheated 350° oven 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 145 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 5, 2017
Very good, and as others have mentioned, quick and easy. I made a double batch and made nice big biscuits, but I'm going to call them scones. Next time I think I'll use mini chocolate chips.
Feb 20, 2017
Quick and easy and taste good. Also reminded me of scones. I didn't have toffee so I doubled the chips. Also sprinkled cinnamon and sugar instead of just sugar on the top. Think they'd also be good with blueberries.
Jan 20, 2012
These are absoluely wonderful. What a treat. Everyone I share them with wants the recipe, and, it is sooo quick and easy.
Nov 15, 2011
Oh, my, these are good. I added salt to the flour mixture--approximately 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. I used half and half for the milk. The crumb is very tender and moist. Don't skip the topping--the contrast of the crispy top with the tender inside is part of its deliciousness. This is lightly sweet--think scones, only without the trouble of rolling and shaping. Delicious with coffee for breakfast.