Toffee Chip Fudge
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits plus 2 tablespoons milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Fold in 1/2 cup toffee bits and vanilla. Pour into a prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Chill until firm. Remove from pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 51 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 30, 2014
I had less marshmallows on had, a ten ounce bag. I added dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans. The chips came to about two and a half cups and was a little milder with the dark chocolate, and the butterscotch chips blend well with the toffee. And also my evaporated milk was expired so I used a can of condensed sweet milk instead. Turned out to be the easiest best fudge I have ever made or had. ( since its christmas time) on the top I put christmas candy cake decorations ( tree, wreath, stocking and candy cane shapes), added color and personal touch.
Mar 16, 2014
This is the first fudge I've ever made and I can't believe how easy and quick it was! And soooooooooo good! This will be a new Christmas recipe!
Jan 15, 2013
Very sweet but husband just loved them
Dec 5, 2011
I prefer Sandra Lee's Espresso Toffee Fudge to this one. But this is so similar, I think the only thing missing is the instant coffee granules. That's what this recipe is, but the poster left out the coffe
Feb 26, 2011
Easy and tasty!