Toffee Ice Cream Pie
“This is my sister’s recipe, but I modified it to save time in the kitchen. No doubt about it, you’ll want a second serving.” Janell Greisen - San Dimas, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), crushed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and crushed candy; spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium-low heat. Add confectioners' sugar and evaporated milk; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut pie into slices and drizzle with sauce.