Toffee Ice Cream Pie
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), crushed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and crushed candy; spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium-low heat. Add confectioners' sugar and evaporated milk; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut pie into slices and drizzle with sauce.
1 piece: 496 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 1, 2016
This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. I like to add even more crushed candy, for added flavor and texture.