Angel Toffee Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange cake cubes in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of toffee bits; sprinkle remaining toffee bits over chocolate. Spread cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and chill until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 10, 2015
I made this when we had some friends over this weekend. Everyone loved it! It was light and delicious!
Oct 11, 2013
This is a wonderful dessert. I fixed it for a dinner with our neighbors and everyone raved about it. It is light yet tasty. I used fat free half and half and the entire package of 8 oz. low fat cream cheese and you could not tell that it was lower fat. Absolutely delicious. I will be making this dessert again and again. I highly recommend it as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.
Sep 16, 2011
This is good- actually so rich you almost need to have a cup of coffee with it.
Apr 8, 2011
This dessert was great! I used sugar free Hershey syrup and sugar free cool whip and it was very good!! It was wonderful when I put extra cool whip and bananas on top!!!
Jan 24, 2010
Great summer dessert and easy to make