Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate English toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter, sugars and flour; set aside 1/2 cup. To the remaining butter mixture, add buttermilk, egg, baking soda and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine chopped candy and pecans with the reserved butter mixture; sprinkle over coffee cake. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 247 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.