Layered Toffee Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 9 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- In a bowl, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Gradually add the ice cream topping and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup cream mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bar. Repeat. Place top layer on cake; frost top and sides with remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with the remaining candy bar. Store in the refrigerator.
Dec 10, 2017
if you freeze the Heath bars and then hit them with a meat tenderizer it is so much easier - how I have done it for years.
Aug 1, 2012
I made this for a baby shower and it was a huge hit! Everyone from the youngest to the oldest asked for the recipe. It was so fun to watch the ladies take their first bite. They closed their eyes and sighed in delight. A definite keeper. Easy to prepare and beautiful presentation.
Mar 4, 2012
This recipe is excellent! One of my all time favorites. I'm not sure about the negative reviews for this, my question is did they read the list of ingredients before making it? It's absolutely wonderful, I would not change a thing. Thank you for sharing this.
Oct 12, 2011
This is fabulous! My grown daughter asks for this every year for her birthday cake. No problem whipping this one up! Yummy!
Mar 10, 2011
This cake cook some time to prepare if you factor in chopping the candy pieces (by hand) and layering it all. It was so sweet, nobody at the gathering could eat it. Much too sweet!
Nov 10, 2010
I made this once and I was very disappointed in it. OVERLY sweet and that's a lot coming from me since I have a huge sweet tooth!! One of the only TOH recipes that I really didn't care for.
Nov 18, 2008
This is such a YUMMY dessert! It is so easy to put together and in no time at all. It does get a little messy with the sprinkling of the candy bars, but that's okay. This is light and sweet and looks so elegant. Nobody will believe you didn't slave over it. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.