Toffee Mocha Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water; cool.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with espresso mixture and mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine frosting and espresso granules. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 422 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 15, 2015
They are sooo delicious
Jan 14, 2013
These are the best cupcakes I have ever made! The coffee chocolate combination is just right and absolutely delicious!!
Nov 12, 2012
Dec 20, 2011
OH my gosh!!! These were so moist and delicious!
Oct 27, 2011
THESE WERE AWESOME!!! Since I am against buying pre-maid icing, I made my own and just added a tsp of espresso powder and it was Rockin!! LOVE THESE and can't wait to make them again
Oct 14, 2010
May 18, 2010
These were a huge hit at an event I took them too. I changed up the recipe a bit and made homemade icing but they are definitely on my "bake again" list.
May 17, 2010
These are very good- one of those treats that after eating one you want another! Delicious combination of flavors!
May 16, 2010
Made this recipe, the concoction of toffee, coffee and chocolate go well together. Tastes really good!
May 10, 2010
Toffee mocha cupcakes are simple and easy to make and one my family simply loves. We make it whenever we want a special treat for a simple dinner and all of us enjoy eating it. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.