Toffee Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each) , chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir baking soda into remaining flour mixture. Combine the buttermilk, egg and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Add the toffee bits to the reserved crumb topping; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
May 22, 2011
This is a very good recipe to make when you have leftover buttermilk. You can make this and feel virtuous for not wasting the buttermilk. It's very good for Sunday brunch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.